If you would like to make a difference, we may have an opportunity for you. Review the following openings and contact us if you can meet these needs. If you would like to complete an application for a position at St. Philip’s, please click on the following link: Printable Job Application
Director of Music Ministries for St. Philip’s UMC
5501 Beechnut, Houston, Tx. 77096
The Director of Music Ministry will work with the senior pastor and staff to minister to the church body through both contemporary and traditional music, while working with all ages within the church. The Director of Music Ministries will provide musical direction for the Chancel Choir, Philip’s Joy Praise Band, handbells and other groups as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Christ, a love of music, and an openness to expanding on the St. Philip’s music program. A spiritual maturity and a willingness to minister to people at all levels is essential.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in music or related field preferred.
- Three-five years of related experience in a faith-based environment.
- A combination of education and experience appropriate to the requirements of the job description will be considered.
Hours and Salary: This is a part-time position. The salary will be determined based on the skills and experience of the person hired for the position.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
- Knowledge and experience in sacred music.
- Proficiency in playing piano, with preference of some organ and non-keyboard instrument as well.
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the church and all age groups, including children.
- Demonstrated experience directing/leading other singers and musicians while guiding them through the process of learning new music.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of music styles and ability to effectively integrate traditional hymns with contemporary music.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work within the United Methodist tradition and doctrine.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Send your résumé noting the job applied for and a recording (video preferred) of you leading worship or performing musically to Rev. Lisa Callaway, firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by March 17, 2017. Interviews will begin the following week.
Volunteering at St. Philip’s
We have many ways to volunteer at St. Philip’s. These volunteer roles are non-paid positions and provides ways for us to work together to serve our community.
Volunteer Office Angels Needed
If you have some spare time Monday or Friday of each week and would like to help the church office with the phones, filing, and stuffing bulletins, please call the church office. This is a volunteer opportunity and not a paid position.